It’s a question we all must answer at one point in our lives: Is it better to just replace the garage door instead of having it repaired? It’s one we’ve all pondered as we’ve stared at the entry way, wondering what made it slip off the track, why it’s making the same deafening noise or why it’s continually stuck.
Having it repaired means more calls to the local contractor, while a new door or opener means more of an upfront cost. The latter reason is why so many are hesitant to have their system fully replaced, choosing instead to opt for frequent repair services. Read more about garage door repair Tacoma WA
Despite this qualm, there are many advantages to replacing your garage door rather than choosing instead to have another repair done. Here are a few reasons why many finally choose to replace their door:
- A new garage door will increase the value of your home. This is one of the first things seen by passersby of your home. A new, maintenance free door will help you easier sell your home should you ever need to.
- A damaged door can mean items in storage are also damaged. A new entryway, combined with upgrades to the hardware, can mean the difference between items being safely packed away or ruined thanks to the weather.
- One of the most significant reasons to stop opting for repairs is a damaged door can mean your family is not completely safe. This door is the largest access to your home, and a new one with a new system can make access far harder for those who might try to do you and yours harm. New technology generally means a higher range of security.
- The door’s appearance will significantly improve your home’s look. Garage doors come in a variety of styles, from the type of windows to the color of the entry.
- If your opener has been around for a while, a new opener might be the path to take if only for better safety features. That old opening system might lack an anti-entrapment safety device, which is necessary to prevent someone from becoming trapped under a closing door.
A new garage door system is one that should take much consideration, and should not be a decision you immediately jump to. Do some research on your situation before deciding to spend the money to have a new system installed.